Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tico Tuesday, March 12th

It's undecatuplets!! (11 babies born at once)
Ok, not exactly, but I have suddenly become a mother over this past week! Thankfully, it's only temporary and part time at that, but whew, being a single mom of 11 is plenty of work even if it is only 10-15 hours at a time! Unfortunately, one of the house moms from the Bible Home is temporarily out of commission since she was placed on bed rest (she has a toddler of her own and another baby on the way). So, for the past few nights, I've been staying with the kids at the Porvenir house. I covet your prayers as I try to maintain peace and order in the house and help and love on these children as much as possible. It's been a challenge for sure, but God has truly given me grace and brought the kids and me this far with only a couple serious concerns. This is also helping me be able to empathize better with the rest of the house moms, since I'm getting a fuller taste of what it is like to be in their shoes.
Most motherly moment so far? My little roommate calling out "Mami! Mami!" in the middle of the night to have me take her potty. It was all too tender and sweet until it took forever for me to fall back asleep. There's a dose of reality for me!
Please keep praying for the kids, the 3 of us who are covering, and the house mom! (She's due back on Sunday, but my last night covering is tonight.)
Thanks!
Carrie

No comments: