Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tico Tuesday, March 27th

So, it's not Tuesday anymore, but, happy greetings to you on this day! Yesterday I was unable to get Tico Tuesday out since I got home from camp in the evening, and after having dinner with some of the leaders, I desperately needed to shower and go to bed. The past 5 days at camp were amazing in so many ways. I learned and grew as a person, leader, and a cross-cultural missionary. I grew to love my 2 co-leaders and the 6 girls in our cabin and had some really wonderful experiences, along with some really tough, upsetting ones.
 Our detective/secret agent theme was hilarious, and we used codes for a number of things: X-70 referred to camp leaders, X-10 mission completed, X-14 give a hug away, X-13 volunteer to pray, etc. My girls loved making up new codes: X-19 was juice, X-100 please, X-G gracias, and X-101 you're welcome. We had so much fun! A few highlights include a number of our girls opening up while sharing as a cabin the second night, one of the girls in my cabin wanting to improve her handstand in the water after seeing mine, helping kids learn to float and swim, the rally (mud course with different activities along the way), watching my girls perform with younger girls and set a good example for them, having a couple boys run at me full speed to say good morning and hug me, watching the "outsider" of my cabin become more integrated, and more!
On the bus on the way home yesterday I sat with two boys. I asked them what their favorite part about camp was and they responded the Bible lessons and getting to share and bond with others. I had expected them to say the pool! Praise God for all the work he did at camp, and please continue to pray for the children to open their hearts to God, walk with him, and live in a way that is pleasing to him.
More stories in the upcoming Chronicle!
X-G for all your prayers and support!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: