Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tico Tuesday, August 13th

An incredibly sweet family came to meet and hang out with me on Saturday. I'd gotten an e-mail from some fellow LAM missionaries with an open offer by this family to bring any LAM missionary in Costa Rica stuff from the US! I seized the opportunity to have them bring me my books for the fall semester. What a blessing! But they didn't just bring me books! They found my blog and brought me a number of things on the "if you so happened to want to send me a package" list! Raspberry zinger tea, organic maple syrup from Canada, a box of shredded wheat, and a bag of Dove Promises. Yum, Yum, Yum, and Yum! What an incredible blessing! And I was really touched that this family took a full day out of their vacation to hang out with missionaries (they were with another missionary family before they came over to me). Talk about generosity! It was such a gift to get to know this family a little bit and just be a tourist in my own town. God gave us such a great sunset we had to stop multiple times for them to snap more pictures! (I went unarmed...they promised to send me pictures though.)
Oh, and on the way down to Barva for a fantastic supper, we were able to see random fireworks going off over part of San Jose. It was so cool! I am so blessed and grateful! There's nothing like a mini-escape and some fun for a missionary that's been feeling a little worn lately! If we all like it so much when people invest in us, why don't we invest more in other people so they can experience the joy and love too? Who will you invest in today? Tomorrow? The next day? Go for it! God loves us not so we can keep it to ourselves, but for us to pour out and share his love with others.
Ok, so what's the connection between this and the picture? One of my Dove Promise wrappers says, "Make a list of your dreams." Thursday evening, the youth group we have at the Bible Home had a hat parade and a special activity about dreaming about the future. So, everyone who went had to make a hat about their dreams. I was checking in on the Arco Iris house before the activity and got to see the hats the boys in the house made. B did a fantastic job with his (his face is sad because he misses his former house mom a lot)! I look forward to spending some time in the kitchen with him!
May God fill all of us with his love and show us who to invest in and how!
Thank you to those of you who write to and invest in me!
Carrie

No comments: