Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tico Tuesday, August 20th

Happy Tuesday to you, once more! This is another one of those weeks in which I could easily write you a whole chronicle. To followup on last week's picture: My dear sad-faced boy in the chef hat told me yesterday he's going to start behaving better again and is very excited about helping me with some upcoming activities. He has some fantastic ideas! Praise the Lord! Please keep praying for him, the other boys in the Arco Iris house, and Leslie their house dad. They are still working to adjust to their new situation. 

I know I wrote about AWANA two weeks ago, but this past Sunday was the most special lesson time we've had in AWANA the whole time I've been there. We watched a movie clip of Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane and Judas betraying him. Then, we talked about how we can follow Jesus' example of praying when he was going through a really difficult time. We wrapped up the lesson forming a circle and having everyone give thanks for something and then share a request. The kids responded really well to the activity and were very respectful as everyone else shared. Some of the leaders opened up quite a bit and a couple of the kids followed suit. It was really beautiful and special. One boy shared, "I want my dad to leave his vices so we can all be together and share as a family again." Talk about ripping your heart out. At the end, we let the 2 boys who'd been wanting to pray ever since they heard the lesson was about prayer pray for us. One (the taller tan one in the picture) had paid incredibly close attention and mentioned almost ALL the requests we'd made. It was so amazing and beautiful, truly a special moment. I thank and praise God for all the things he is doing and will do in the lives of the children at the Bible Home and their families, and more than ever, I consider it an honor and privilege to be a part of what God is doing here!
Thank you for journeying with me and helping make it possible for me to be here!
With joy and gratitude, 
Carrie

No comments: