Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tico Tuesday, November 12th

Happy Tuesday!
I have said to myself many times I would like to come back to the States for fall because fall is the season I miss the most when I'm in Costa Rica. This was my 5th year of not seeing fall. But as my plane descended into Atlanta, I saw that some trees were different colors! I was in awe. It was as if I was seeing fall for the first time. It was so amazing and beautiful! And the colors were even prettier in Charlotte when I landed there! I went on the most beautiful run of the year the next morning and enjoyed truly crisp fall air. I was very tempted to frolic in the leaves in some stranger's yard. It has been so wonderful to experience fall again! I don't think I ever spent much, if any time in the southeast during fall, so I never realized that the leaves actually do still change colors this far south. I just drool thinking of fall in lovely places I've lived farther north. :-)
It has also been nice to be here in the States and buy some things. I'd heard the cost of living in Costa Rica is quite high, but I didn't realize just how high until I went to Walmart and saw that everything was a half to two thirds of normal prices in Costa Rica! (I don't usually have time on these trips to do much of any kind of shopping). The difference is truly significant though.
So, I am grateful for this time here and for all the blessings and opportunities God has been giving me. I do miss my kids and was very sad to miss Missions Day in AWANA this weekend at the Bible Home. But....I'll have to tell you more about this weekend--and my time at seminary-- later. (Too bad I've been doing such a terrible job documenting this trip photographically!)
May God continue to open our eyes and make us more aware of his gifts and presence with us each day,
Carrie

No comments: