Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tico Tuesday, March 18th

CAMP IS COMING!!
This past weekend we had the encerrona, the training retreat for camp leaders. We'll be having a world cup theme this year, to go along with the actual World Cup that will be taking place later this year. (Random fact: did you know that the Women's U17 World Cup is taking place here in Costa Rica right now? I didn't even know there was one!) What happens at the encerrona? We learn the theme song(s) for camp, we preview some of the games and activities and give feedback on how to improve them, we go over the virtues and Bible lessons we'll be focusing on during camp, we have fun and continue to bond as leaders (many of us have been leaders for AWANA and camp for a while now), and we receive training and motivation on how to be a good camp leader. I picked up some new soccer skills and learned how to relate soccer to the virtue of self-control!
(the slabs of wood we're holding have virtues on them)
The Copa Campa HB will be April 11-15. That's less than a month away! I'm so excited! Please join me in praying for the preparations, the staff and counselors, and the children. Camp is primarily about sharing the gospel with the children and giving them an opportunity to start a relationship with Jesus. Please pray for God to use us and to open the children's hearts to Christ! Later this week I should find out who my co-leader(s) and campers will be. I can't wait to plan the activities for cabin time and decide what goodies to put together for our girls!
In other news, tomorrow is my 5 YEAR Anniversary of missionary service here in Costa Rica!!! Glory and praise to God! In the near future I'll share some of my reflections with you.
Also, thanks so much to all of you who replied to last week's Tico Tuesday. I hope to reply to you individually as soon as I can. I've been continuing to process all these things and have a renewed sense of purpose for being here. God is so good!
Thank you as always for your prayers, support, and encouragement!
My current theme phrase is: The Lord is good, and his love endures forever!
May your heart and lips say the same!
Carrie

No comments: