Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tico Tuesday, March 4th

Happy Tuesday! Yes! It's Tuesday! Hooray!
It's been a good day, and this past weekend was a great weekend. This picture shows that I am part of a new and now doubled missionary family. I realize I haven't talked much about the LAM's merge with United World Mission (UWM). But really, that's a good thing. My everyday life has not changed as a result of the merger, and I'm glad. I am excited what the future as a UWMer will look like though. UWM is definitely on top of its game: well-organized, people respond to e-mails very quickly, my health insurance went down, it is in tune with the world and aware of what is going on in the realm of missions, and it really does share many common values and practices with the LAM. On Thursday morning, I got a bit choked up again about this transition. It is sad to have something I've been a part of for almost 5 years not be an independent organization anymore. I knew that reality would hit this weekend at the LAM/UWM retreat. But, I now freely declare that I am proud to be part of UWM.
It was a bit of a wild weekend since I wasn't able to get all my schoolwork done before the retreat started. But, it was the best "LAM" retreat I've been to. The teachings and workshops were excellent. Everything was just really well done. And we had enough people to use the whole field for the annual soccer game! John Bernard, the president of UWM (and LAM since LAM is now part of UWM), is another one of those really wonderful men of God with whom I have been able to connect. What a blessing to know him and have him as president! He is an amazing expositor of God's Word, as well as an excellent leader. And...he's a New Englander and a Red Sox fan!!! Huzzah! I am so grateful for him! Now if only I could meet a single guy like that who is close to my age... ;-) jajaja!
Please be praying for this transition and the fusion of LAM with UWM. It is a big challenge. We have a task force working on it, but it is still a very important, delicate, enormous matter.
More to come in a Chronicle soon!
May God pleasantly  surprise you this week and fill you with his joy!
Carrie

No comments: