Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tico Tuesday, May 20th

A Week of Surprises
-The number of people who came to Arbolitos (young adult group from church) on Wednesday. We are growing!!
-Being served my favorite drink fresco de mora en leche (like a fresh blackberry milkshake) when I went to the Nido house for a snack one afternoon
-The beauty of the bean plants a couple boys have planted and are caring for all by themselves
-Forgetting my shoes at home and wearing Chrissy's sandals for a fun girls night out with her and Jessica. Oops! Surprise for you: Chrissy and I will be roommates starting in September! I'm really excited to live with her!
-Running into a girl from the Bible Home and her family at the feria on Saturday morning. (The kids were home visiting their families this weekend. One weekend they are home, the other they stay here.) That was fun and sweet!
-The clutch on my car dying. God protected, cared for, and provided for me as only He can though! I was in a lighted, not particularly dangerous area, not alone, not rearended when my car suddenly stopped, and my amazing mechanic personally received my car after 9pm on a Saturday night after calling his tow truck friend who only charged me $50. Getting a taxi would have cost about the same!! (No AAA here... I might considering upping my insurance for roadside assistance though.) Oh, and an angel had swung by to push my car onto the median and off the center of the highway. I am so thankful to God for his goodness to me! I was bummed to miss the goodbye party I was on my way to, but I know the quality hang-out time I had with Kiki on Thursday was better than what I would have gotten at the party. Also, shout out to Paul Pittman, the Area Director for UWM Latin America, who was very helpful and caring over the phone while Jess and I were figuring out what to do.
-A coworker's hilarious, enthusiastic participation in the personnel meeting on Monday.
-Realizing the short-term mission team from my church in Maine will be here in less than a month!!!
-God's goodness in many other things...
How has God surprised you this week?
May he remind you once more of his care, goodness, and love!
Carrie

PS Please be praying for the Camp for Moms this weekend. We have been working hard making many preparations for it! There are supposed to be 110 people total! (Moms from all of Roblealto's programs plus staff) Thank you!

No comments: