Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tico Tuesday, May 6th

Another week has come and gone, and thanks be to God and your prayers, I was able to finish all my assignments for the semester with an hour to spare! Thank you also for praying for my friend I mentioned last week. I dropped off some groceries for her today and she is doing much better.
One highlight of this past week was May 1st. In Costa Rica (and apparently other parts of the world too), it is Labor Day. But at the Bible Home, it is the day for everyone who has ever lived or worked at the Bible Home to come back and visit: Alumni Day/Homecoming. We have a feria and sell all sorts of food, clothes, trinkets, we have a trampoline and a bouncy castle thing, we have a special service that the sweet old people that spent their entire childhoods at the HB lead (the HB used to be more of an orphanage), and lots of other things. I was in charge of the photo stand. We had pictures of Homecoming last year, as well as more recent pictures of life at the HB. It was fun, and we sold a lot more pictures once we moved the stand to a more central, obvious location. I think the highlight of my day was getting to see a girl who was with us all year last year. She even masterfully braided my hair again! I can see she has grown up a lot in the last few months. Sadly, her home situation is a mess (still. Maybe worse than before?) But, she says she is going to church regularly. Please join me in remembering to pray for the children who have been at Roblealto to remember and apply to their lives all that they learn with us. Returning back to the world is not easy.
Thanks so much! An April Chronicle should be coming your way in less than 48 hours!
Carrie

No comments: