Tuesday, July 8, 2014

BONUS 2 of 2

Please see end of Tico Tuesday below for Bonus 1. :-)
Sunday night the team from my church in Maine that came down here gave their report. They were able to connect me in on Skype and in was really almost like being there! I could not believe it when they said the team had only returned two weeks ago. Seriously, it feels as if at least 3 months have gone by. REALLY! It was so great to see almost everyone from the team again though and hear their description and some of their thoughts about the trip. Then afterwards when they broke for refreshments, they left me connected and anyone who wanted to could come up to me on the computer and say hi. Several people came up and it was just so great to be able to talk with so many different wonderful people! It was almost like being there, just without the hugs. I had so much fun! I loved how conversation varied so much from person to person: reminiscing about high school Spanish, the World Cup, visiting with my parents, a bike accident, a book... It wasn't just focused on me and my missionary life, and that was really nice. A couple people actually made some pretty vulnerable comments to me. It was such a delightful evening! Oh, and at one point multiple people were there talking with me and I heard my mom start playing the piano in the background. They immediately moved aside so I could watch her play. I thought that was really sweet! She played a few songs and Daddy sang in the background. It was so wonderful!!! I could continue to gush, but that's pretty much it and it's now way past bedtime. Thanks for reading!

No comments: