Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tico Tuesday, July 15th

They're back! The two week mid-year break is over and all my lovelies are back at the HB! And... we're opening the Porvenir house again, so 9 new children are coming in this week, with a few more to come shortly thereafter to make sure all the houses are going at full capacity. Yesterday I swung by all the houses to drop stuff off and it was so wonderful to see all of the kids again. I got to enjoy a couple nísperos and try my first pitanga (I didn't enjoy that new fruit so much).  I ended up having a great conversation with a house mom too. She has an amazing testimony! Her family threw her out because she became an evangelical Christian and now she and her family are a great blessing to her family of origin. It's so beautiful! I can't believe I'd never heard her testimony before. God works in such amazing ways!
I ended up staying so late, I got to catch this beautiful sunset by the Bosque house, which is the one furthest up the hill.
Life has been incredibly busy and full lately, there's a lot more I could say here, but I'll save some of those tidbits for later. God is good, and I am grateful for his love, grace, and provision. He is hard at work in me, and though it may be hard and doesn't always feel good, I know it is good for me!
Sadly, the World Cup is now over. Did I tell you about the HUGE party last week they had to welcome the Sele home? They estimate about 500,000 went out to see them. That's about 1/9 of the population of this country!!! We continue to be incredibly proud of our team (and wish our goalie had been granted the Golden Glove award). Ok, I probably won't talk about soccer much again for 3 years and 11 months. ;-)
May we all delight in the Lord and his glorious creation this week! Thank you so much for your continued prayers, support, and encouragement! They mean so much to me!
Carrie

No comments: