Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tico Tuesday, October 14th

Another Missions Day at AWANA at the Bible Home has come and gone. Last year I was in the States recovering from a marathon, so, it was good to be back for it.
 The stands we set up were more impressive than ever. The Nordics had an amazing boat they made of cardboard, a little house and a Christmas tree forest. The Japanese had a handmade cherry tree, a bamboo shelter and a real sushi chef, the Danes from Greenland had a huge block of ice the children had to walk on barefoot, and in Fiji we had sand and water. I don't think I will ever assimilate the cultural value that Ticos place on physical appearances. It is so not me. But having such impressive stands is fun and our enthusiasm gets the kids excited and helps them learn about the need for Jesus all around the world... I guess I just kind of have this thing for missions. ;-) jajajaja. It was a great day, the kids all learned a ton, and it was a lot of fun! Oh, and during manual time, my boy wants me to make up a song for almost every verse now (did I tell you I made up a song for him for 1 Thessalonians 4:17 since it was so long and complicated?) So, now John 1:12 has a song, and thankfully I already knew one in Spanish for Psalm 119:105. And, I have now pulled a tooth out of a mouth that was not my own. My kiddo had one that was super loose, so I offered to pull it (so we could get on with the Scripture memorization). He accepted without any further convincing, and it came right out, no problem. I felt like I took another step into adulthood...or something like that. ;-) I do pretty much anything I can for my kiddos!
Thank you again for your constant prayers and support! God uses you to bless and sustain me here! God's blessing, peace, and joy be with you,
Carrie

No comments: