Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tico Tuesday, October 28th

I just got a massage, which was ridiculously good...and cheap! ($30 for a whole hour of massaging!) But, I can't really write a whole Tico Tuesday on that. So, before I melt into sleep I will tell you about the family excursion we had with the Bible Home on Sunday. Some 250 people: including the children and their families at the Bible Home, house families, and various other staff members all gathered together at the place where we went to for camp with the kids earlier this year.
Several of my girls did a great job in the dance they choreographed and presented for everyone, we had a time of worship, pool time, games, and of course, lunch and coffee break. It was a fun day and I loved watching the kids with their parents. It broke my heart to see some parents so impatient and irresponsible with their children,while it warmed my heart to see others being so loving with their children and really enjoying their time together. The end of the day was really sad to see one boy sobbing as he had to say good bye to his mom and her eyes filling with tears as she tried to comfort him. I sat next to him on the bus home and tried to help distract him, but driving by the airport did the trick. We were on the road that goes by the foot of the runway and a plane was taking off so we paused to watch it. Of course, we were on the far side of the road and another bus had the same brilliant idea of stopping, so it did, obstructing our view of the plane completely, but we still got to see it as it went over us. I never realized how fascinating flying was to kids before I started serving at the Bible Home. But seriously, people just come down to the airport to watch planes take off and land and they love it! Flying is something that seems so common to me, but to these kids it is just a dream. Interesting to think about...
May God open our eyes to the gifts he has given us and keep us from taking anything for granted!
Carrie

No comments: