Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tico Tuesday, October 7th

It's over! This year's Bible Bee has come and gone. I didn't tell you much about the prep since I've been so excited with about Mujeres Ejemplares, but there was a lot that went into this year's Bible Bee! This year, we separated the pre-k kids through the first graders and did a totally separate activity for them while the rest of the kids went from game to game, cheering hard and showing how much they've learned in their daily devotions over the course of the year.
 Thanks be to God, it went really well! This year our theme was "Jesus is my Lifesaver" (oceanwise, not candywise), so all the teams were different kinds of shells and sea creatures. It was just great! Before the Bible Bee, kids were reciting the verses they had to memorize to me and I was incredibly proud of them. They all appeared to have a wonderful time. One game was a ring toss, and of everyone on the team, the little second grade girl landed both rings on a bottle every time she had a turn! I think my favorite was the one pictured here though. The kids had to put on the flippers, swim ring, and goggles as the made their way around the room and then answer the question with all the gear on. It was really funny! The kids did great, and the house moms outdid themselves with making pom-poms, arm bands, masks, head bands, and other random things to identify their team. The activity with the little kids went too, though it was a bit hard and it was the first time we'd done anything like it. At least I learned from it! Even though this was my third time coordinating the Bible Bee, I am still learning a lot about coordinating, communication, and working with others. This year I didn't get near as stressed as I have in the past though. That was a real gift! Thank you so much for continuing to pray for me. I really need it! I have come a long way, but I can see I still have so much farther to go! God's grace is indeed amazing.
God's grace, peace, and joy be with you this week!
Carrie

No comments: