Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tico Tuesday, December 16th

It's that time of year when we just have one activity after another.
Thursday was our annual Christmas and Thanksgiving service and in the evening I went to the movies with my girls from "Exemplary Women."
Friday afternoon was the graduation for Kindergarten and 6th grade, Sunday we had a "Christmas afternoon" with special recognitions for children and families who will be leaving us and some gift giving and then a traditional tamal in the houses. Tonight at the Bible Home is the closing bonfire and fireworks, and tomorrow the children go home. It's quite a whirlwind and if I find it surreal, I can't imagine how the children must feel with so much activity.
Once more, there are a few particularly special children I will really miss. These three are of them. Two have been in girls group (someone took a picture when went to the movies but hasn't been able to pass it to me yet. I'll be sure to share it when I do!) with me, and the littler one has grown and matured so much this year: I am proud of all of these girls and all the other kids who will be leaving us for good tomorrow. God has done amazing work in their lives and I am so glad to be an instrument he used to carry out a little piece of it. Please pray for the children and their families as they go through this process of family reinsertion and reintegration. Be praying as well for the families who continue with us and the new ones who will join us in January. We got to meet several of them yesterday and look forward to what God has in store for them.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support of my service to God here!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: