Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tico Tuesday, December 23rd


Another year has rounded up at the Bible Home and the Roblealto Child Care Association. 
Wednesday I went up to the HB to say good bye to the kids and witnessed some scenes I hadn't seen before. Most of the kids go home by bus and their families pick them up. However, some families have cars and come and pick their children up. I had said good-byes to children before, but I had never seen any kids say good bye to each other before. That was really heart-wrenching, especially for girls who were returning to their families permanently. They were both in “Exemplary Women” with me, so it was really hard for me to say good-bye to them too, but watching they say good-bye to each other was even harder. Thankfully there are opportunities to see them again in the future.
The final activities we had with personnel were fun. We played Bingo and I learned more about the game I ever knew was possible, and on the last day, each program's personnel put together a special presentation. At the Bible Home we kept ours very simple—learning a simple parody the day before. Other programs got a lot more elaborate. It was all really fun though.
Now I'm in the States enjoying quality time with my family and enjoying some much needed rest and vacation.
May God grant you rest and quality time with loved ones as well and may we all delight in the miracle of the incarnation of Jesus our Savior and Lord!
Carrie

No comments: