Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tico Tuesday, January 13th

It's Tuesday again and I'm back in Costa Rica once more! After a very short night, long flight, and an 85° degree (minimum) change in temperature, I had left home and arrived back home. I feel like that's just a really good way to say it. My heart is in two places, and while that's hard, I'm learning a lot of life is hard and there will likely be a lot of suffering...that's just the way it is. I have to accept the fact that I live in--and am a part of--a very broken world. But it's not a hopeless one!
A former house mom who continues to give hope to her kids!
I am part of a hope-giving minstry that gathered all its personnel together today to turn our eyes back on Jesus and encourage us to be faithful, prudent servants of our King and Heavenly Father. I took part in a short drama of the scene Jesus describes in Matthew 25 when the King on Judgment Day says, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me." I was reminded: What we do to others is like doing it to Jesus. And, really, since we all bear the image of Christ, it's true! That'll make me think twice before I do a lot of things...and will hopefully lead me to being someone that can infuse a lot more love and hope into broken lives.
May God use you as an instrument of hope...and may we all be mindful of how we treat others this week and always!

No comments: