Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tico Tuesday, January 27th

Another Tuesday is come and is on its way out the door. I won't brag to you about the temperature or lack of snow here. It was cool and rainy, if that makes you feel any better. ;-)
Sunday we had our annual hymn sing with the missionaries and friends of UWM. It's an activity where I always help lower the mean age, but what a wonderful, rich time of worship! Sometimes when I sing hymns, I'm just singing and not paying attention to the words (ok, sometimes when singing more contemporary songs too). But, my OneWord for this year (if you haven't heard of it, it's like just picking a word/theme for a year instead of making a list of resolutions) is engage. I'm wanting to engage more fully in life, since I spend way too much of it just cruising through and not engaging in and making the most of many rich opportunities and gifts God sends my way. So, by God's grace I was enable to engage well in worship while hymn singing, and indeed, "Oh what a foretaste of glory divine!" Singing my awesome, holy God's praise through rich, old songs with people that have a combined total of over 500 years of mission service (and I think perhaps even closer to 1000!!) is just an amazing experience! I know I write about this every year, but I hope you can understand why. Maybe one of you will have to join us next year! Our 88 year old piano player who played for Billy Graham's crusades in Boston in the 50s won't be able to play much longer. We are certainly enjoying him as long as we can though.
God has done amazing work in Costa Rica and Latin America in the last couple hundred years, and there is still much more to be done!
Thank you for faithfully supporting my service to the Lord and the people he has made and placed in this part of the world. Thank you also for your prayers. I highly covet them!
May you make time to spend in rich worship of the Lord this week!
Carrie

No comments: