Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tico Tuesday, February 3rd

Happy Tuesday!
Today I want to share with you about something that has me happy and excited. I started going to this church last year in Aug/Sept, right around the time Chrissy and I started rooming together. I didn't have many opportunities to get involved since I was swarmed with a lot of other stuff going on, but I was able to go to the Welcome/Newcomers class, and that was really helpful.
A week ago Saturday, the young adult group kicked off for the year with a picnic. I went with a girl that I met at another church I went to here before--pretty cool how we've ended up in the same church again! And, thanks to camp and AWANA through the Bible Home, I already knew a few people there. I was able to meet some others and have fun playing games with them. They told us about all the activities they have planned for the rest of the year, as well as the weekly Bible study they have. I went this past Friday, and it was really good--the most meaty one I've been to for a young adult group here! And, I got to meet several more people. I even went out to eat with a group of them afterwards. I've been feeling pretty tired of trying to make friends and find a group of people I feel comfortable hanging out with, but I know I have to keep putting myself out there. And thanks be to God, I feel more comfortable and at home with this group already than I ever did in groups from other churches. I know breaking into a group is often hard here, but this one feels quite welcoming and I'm excited to get to know people more and get more involved. Please pray for me in this and for God's continued guidance and direction. I'm so glad he's in control!
May God provide you with rich times of fellowship and study of His Word this week!
Carrie

No comments: