Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tico Tuesday, June 23rd

A New Adventure
Did you know Mexico is about 3x the size of Texas?
Tomorrow (Wednesday) I embark on a new adventure. Another chapter of my life story will begin. I fly to Mexico! I will be in Mexico City (known as the DF--Distrito Federal) for the next 3.5 months, working with Avance and the Centro Latino de Movilización (Latin Moblization Center). Avance is a ministry, language, and cultural immersion program for young adults who are considering a future in missions (generally from the US or Canada). The Moblization Center (known as the CLM) is a coffeehouse that provides coaching and spiritual direction to Mexican youg adults who are feeling called to missions and helps them get get involved in missions. I met the leaders of both of these ministries when I was in Austria for Spiritual Direction training in April. I am glad to have connections with a couple people in Mexico already and look forward to seeing my new friends again!
By the end of my time in Mexico (mid October), I hope to have clarity on whether or not God is calling me to move to Mexico and serve Him there. Will you join with me in seeking God over the next few months and asking him for guidance and clarity regarding my next step?
This has all been a big surprise for me...I never thought I would serve in Mexico, but God has made it clear to me I should check out a few of the ministries there. I know that God knows all, and that He is good and in control. It is my desire to grow closer to him in this time and for my will to be one with his.
Thank you so much for walking alongside me and for your support, encouragement and prayer!
Carrie

No comments: