Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tico Tuesday, July 7th

Happy Tuesday, everybody!
In my new room!
Wow, I feel like I haven't written a traditional one of these in a while. For those of you who are wondering, YES, for now I will continue to call it Tico Tuesday until I have some greater clarity about where I will be in the future. I'm not sure when that clarity will come, but I'll be sure to let you know when it does!
Today I have a couple exciting things to share: first, I have moved into the place where I hope to stay until I leave the country in October! It is in a very central location (about a mile from 3 different metro lines and), in a safe neighborhood, close to a pretty park with a 2k loop running path, not far from the mobilization center, and down the street from a fellow missionary. A very kind woman I met at the church I went to a week ago Sunday has taken me in at a price that is cheaper than what I told I would be able to find in this neighborhood, so I am deeply grateful to God for answering our prayers!
Second: I went on a prayer retreat with the Avance ministry on Thursday and Friday. It was sooooo good! I hadn't been on a retreat like that in way, way, way too long. AND, a big reason I was there was to start bonding more with the female participants and facilitators and offer them spiritual mentoring as a followup to the retreat. Today we passed around the signup list at a meeting and 7 chicas are interested in receiving spiritual mentoring! WOW! Thanks be to God! I need to mentor 5-8 as part of the 2nd module of my training, so this is fantastic! Please pray for me (and these gals) as I start mentoring them. Walking with someone in this way is treading sacred ground, and I consider it a real privilege to serve this way.
Thank you so much for your continual prayers for me! May God continue to teach us to pray and draw us ever closer to himself!
Carrie

No comments: