Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tico Tuesday, November 17th

A Big Announcement!
Today with great joy I share news of my next minstry placement with you!
Where? San Rafael de Heredia, Costa Rica, at my church Vida Abundante Heredia (VAH)!
What? Working in the very important and necessary area of discipleship. While details are still being worked out, it looks like I'll be serving alongside the discipleship pastor, don José, and be a liason between him and the small group leaders who will be carrying out the discipleship modules he has developed. I love to encourage and equip people and help them grow, so this sounds like a really great fit for me! 

When? I'll be starting in mid-January 2016. I'll remain in the States on Home Ministry Assignment until just after Christmas, then go to Costa Rica, stand in my roommate's wedding, and move into a new apartment and try to get as settled as possible before I start my new role.
With whom? I'll be working very closely with the discipleship pastor, don José (the man on the far right with a mustache). I expect I'll be working with several of the other people pictured as well, along with others who are leading small groups.
Words cannot express how grateful I am to have the opportunity to serve in my church and have an idea of what the near future holds! More about my church and this new role in the future!
In the meantime, I continue to covet your prayers for me as I learn more about this role: pray for God to continue to prepare me for it and give me the grace to trust him as he brings details together in his timing. Pray also for the various meetings this will entail and the accompanying paperwork. And please pray for all the people with whom I'll be working!
Thank you so much for your constant prayers, encouragement, and support through all of this! I am deeply grateful for you all!
God's peace and joy be with you,
Carrie

No comments: