Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tico Tuesday, November 10th

Happy Tuesday!
One of you kindly helped me realize I neglected in my Chronicle to tell you about my retreat time in Grove City! I had a wonderful experience. I was able to share with a woman who listened, encouraged, and prayed with me as I verbally processed with her. She also gave me some helpful materials. After working through them, I felt God inviting me once more to worship and rest in him. So I made a playlist of songs of God's love that have been speaking to me. As I was listening to the third song, another song came to mind and I added it into the fourth position on the playlist. That song, "Sovereign Over Us" (both Aaron Keyes and my old favorite Michael W. Smith have great versions of it) ended up being the song that spoke to me the most. "Even what the enemy means for evil, you turn it for our good and for your glory." It's been hard for me to remember this year that God is working all things for my good and his glory, but He is! Through it all he is "faithful forever, perfect in love." Thanks be to God!
Also during my retreat, I joined members of my church in Slippery Rock for a beautiful walk/hike through nature. Afterwards we took some time to reflect and pray. I loved sitting there and watching the leaves fall. I also admired the trees and realized that no matter what season they are in, they bring glory to God. In the same way, no matter what season of life I am in, I am to continue seeking, trusting, and worshiping him. That was a powerful lesson for me!
On the hike, I also met a newer member of my church (pictured with me). We couldn't believe it when we realized we have a mutual friend here in Maine! It's so nice to be back in a place with more of a small town feel to it!
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support. I can't express how much it means to me!
Maine people: let me know if you want to get together while I'm around! I'd love to share with you!
May we all rejoice in God's faithfulness, sovereignty, and love,
Carrie

No comments: