Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tico Tuesday, November 24th

Happy Tuesday from me to you as I celebrate the completion of another year of life! Thank you so much for the birthday greetings many of you have already sent me!
A few Pioneer Girls (with some funny faces!) and their leaders
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to visit my church in Auburn, Maine, and share in each of the services. Overall, it went quite well, though in the first service I forgot to include the fact that I graduated from seminary earlier this year. Thankfully, my pastor remembered that I had and told everyone. Seminary feels like it was an awful long time ago now though!
Speaking of not including things, last week, I neglected to mention that my spiritual mentoring training will continue as I enter my new role serving at my church in Costa Rica. My current module of spiritual mentoring training is a year long and will wrap up next year in September. I believe there is a third module as well, and then a whole lot of continuous life learning!
Now to explain this week's picture: Yesterday I made another trip up to Auburn to visit the Pioneer Girls ministry at my old church. The girls have decided to adopt me, and so they send me Christmas and birthday cards and pray for me. I am so blessed and grateful! I was able to spend a brief time with each of the four age groups last night and the time went by way too quickly. We had a lot of fun and at the end they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me.
I pray you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy some special time with loved ones this week! I am so thankful to God for each and every one of YOU!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: