Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tico Tuesday, December 15th

I spent this past week visiting several relatives on my mom's side of the family: my grandmother who was widowed at this time last year, my aunt and uncle and a couple cousins who live in the same town as Grandma, and another aunt and uncle and cousins who live a few hours away. It was a wonderful time to share and enjoy time together.
While I was with Grandma, I went for a run through her neighborhood and enjoyed seeing all the Christmas decorations so much that I insisted on taking Grandma for a "light ride" one evening so she could see them in their full splendor. I've never really been a fan of these blow-up decorations, but as I ran by these ones while they were turned off and thought about them, a spiritual parallel came to mind. (Sorry they're so small in the picture.) The figures in this picture are unrecognizable in their airless state. I tried to guess what they were: I thought the white one on the left must be some kind of snowman, the middle a reindeer, and the one on the right, perhaps some gingerbread men? The one on the right didn't inflate properly when I took Grandma by it, so I never figured out what it is, but the left one is a little snow fort with penguins and the middle figure is actually a monkey! I never would have known! John 15:5 says that "apart from me you can do nothing." Apart from Jesus, we can do nothing. Without God, I am nothing. He breathed the breath of life into Adam, and every breath thereafter is a gift from him. God is the Source of power and life. I only am because He is. I want to walk more closely with Christ and I want people recognize his presence in my life. I want to be more aware of my complete need for and dependence on him and live accordingly. I pray for the same desire to be fulfilled in you too!
Carrie

No comments: