Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tico Tuesday, December 8th

Greetings from South Carolina!
I just spent the weekend with this adorable little guy and his mom and aunt (my cousins). He is so precious and I miss him already! I'm excited to meet another baby though--My pastor in Costa Rica and his wife had their baby on Thursday! Thank you for your prayers: both mama and baby are doing well.
Following up on another prayer request, I think I've found an apartment! It has a good-sized open front room, lots of natural lighting, sufficient counter space and storage in the kitchen, and pretty much everything else I was looking for. It's not definite yet, but I'm excited and hopeful about the possibility.
I can't believe I return to Costa Rica in about two and a half weeks now! It feels like I've been gone for a long time though, and I'm a little nervous about returning. I know a lot will be changing with my move, my roommate Chrissy getting married, and me learning a new role in church and everything. And I know that while I've been gone, I've changed, and surely lots of other people and things have changed too. That's an important lesson I've been learning: Change is inevitable, and so I need to be grateful for what has been, savor the present, and remain hopeful about the future. Giving thanks in every circumstance (1 Thessalonians 5:18) has been taking on a much richer meaning for me. All of this is hard for tradition/routine/structure-loving me, but being open is much better and healthier than being resistant. While I may not be able to understand what is happening in the moment, I am slowly learning to trust and rest in God's goodness, sovereignty, and love.
Thank you so much for praying for all those things I mentioned last week. It is exciting to see how God is already answering them! Please keep praying with me for my re-entry to Costa Rica and all that will entail.
God's blessing, peace, and hope be with you all as we press more deeply into the Advent season and await our Savior's coming!
Carrie

No comments: