Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tico Tuesday, March 29th

ALLELUIA! Christ is risen!!
It's finally Resurrection-tide!! I've been waiting for this for so long! Yes, every Sunday is a remembrance of Christ's resurrection, but to focus our celebrating on new and eternal life, promises and prophecies fulfilled, freedom, and forgiveness just makes me burst with joy!! Especially when I think about this year and how God has brought me back to this place. How he has given me a fresh start in a place I deeply love and has clearly been blessing me since my return and indeed confirming that this is where he wants me at this time. I am so grateful! Life isn't without it's challenges (my driveway was recently all dug up and a mess for several days and my knee has been acting up lately, and of course ministry is full of challenges), but it is good. It is very good.
We celebrated Easter at church under our roof! The school where we currently meet decided on Wednesday that we couldn't meet there, so as almost everyone in the country went on vacation on Thursday and shut everything down, the staff and some wonderful volunteers ran around like crazy and managed to coordinate everything for us to have our services at the property and inaugurate the roof! It's amazing how God works things out! Typically attendance on Easter Sunday is low because lots of people are away enjoying the long weekend. But, it appears a whole bunch of people came home from the beach early to inaugurate the roof because we had the highest attendance ever this weekend! We had over 1400 people come over the course of the three services! Praise the Lord! And even though we didn't have all the signs and everything for the small groups stand, some people still came to get material for the series we are doing right now and several people asked me to help them get plugged in with a small group. God is at work! Please keep me in prayer as I'm continuing to get oriented and figuring out how to structure and proceed with everything.
More good news! I only need 8 more special gifts of $50 to reach my fund raising goal for my new car! I'm buying the car from a company that is importing it from the States (because it's always better to be the first owner of a car here), and Lord willing, my car will be here April 13th! Just 8 more people! Gifts of any size are welcome if $50 is too much of a stretch--or if God places it on your heart to give more. Will you help me reach this goal of having all the funds before it arrives? Thank you so much! You really are an amazing support team and I'm delighted to share this journey with you!
May we all continually rejoice in Christ's victory over death and sin and the new life we have in him!
Carrie

No comments: