Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tico Tuesday, March 8th

It was a big weekend at church.
I believe I mentioned previously that my pastor's father passed away a couple weeks ago. Well, this weekend, with that grief still quite fresh, he had to accompany a family whose father/husband died in a terrible, tragic way. Saturday morning he did the funeral at 8, a wedding at 10, went to a birthday party with his son in the afternoon, and then preached Saturday evening and at both services on Sunday (and spent time with and helped his wife and baby daughter at various moments too). And this wasn't just any sermon, but the opening sermon of our first series of the year, so there was a lot of hype about that. Thankfully, God gave him the grace to make it through the weekend and he takes his Mondays off very seriously. But still, as someone who cares deeply about my pastor, his family, and my church, I ask you to please pray with me even more for my church, my pastor, the rest of the staff, along with the small groups and their facilitators --particularly over the next 8 weeks as we go through this series, "Invisible War: Winning the Battle against Temptation." We know there will be temptations and raging invisible battles; in fact, we know there already are. We have action plans to move forward and are in need of God's constant guidance and grace. Please cover us in prayer. We know God is going to do amazing things in this time, that his work will not be without resistance-- and that he is greater and more powerful than the evil one!

Update on my car: I already have about $600 of the $2000 needed! Thanks and praise be to God! This car will be an essential ministry tool for me. Will you be God's instrument of blessing and provision to me?
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers and support. Each and every one of you is a blessing to me! I am deeply grateful. One final prayer request: This Thursday through Sunday is the annual UWM retreat/conference. We will be focusing on strategic planning--something I know I need! Pray for God's wisdom, for us to be attentive to his voice, and for him to bless our times of sharing together.
Mil gracias for everything!
Carrie

No comments: