Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tico Tuesday, October 17th

Fun with my cousins in Charleston, SC
Hello from Charlotte, NC! I've had a spectacular time in the Carolinas over the past couple weeks. As I mentioned in my Chronicle, the PTM conference that I went to was excellent and opened my eyes to the world of member care. Being there was also incredibly refreshing and good for my soul: I was reminded of God's love and how he pursues, delights, and sees us. He desires a relationship with us more than anything else. Pleasing him and becoming like Jesus are the fruit of this relationship and I have to be careful to not confuse the fruit with the root!
The last couple weeks I've had a great time visiting friends, extended family, and visiting a church I've had a relationship with now since 2009. That was the same year I came to Costa Rica! It's really neat realizing I have a number of years of history with people I've gotten to know from life experiences as an adult. What a gift it is!
It has also been a gift to be at UWM's home office today. It's been great to reconnect with a number of people here and get to meet some newer people face-to-face who I had only known via email. I had the opportunity to share briefly during UWM's weekly prayer time and it was a honor to tell of what God has been doing in and through me in Costa Rica and have them gather around me and pray for me. I am so blessed, so thankful. God's goodness, faithfulness, and love are just amazing!
Thank you to all of you for your friendship, prayers, and the many ways you support my service to God with UWM: spiritually, emotionally, financially, etc. I am so grateful for you all! I continue to look forward to seeing more of you soon!
Carrie

No comments: