Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tico Tuesday, September 26th

Happy Tuesday, though I guess it's now Wednesday for many of you. I greatly covet your prayers as I have had a sore/scratchy throat most of the day and fear I'm coming down with a cold. I've been working a lot the past several weeks in preparation for my month-long trip (leaving Friday!) to the States. So, I know I might be a bit more susceptible catching a cold right now. Please pray for this to go away/for me to recover quickly and for my upcoming travels.
Tonight I want to share with you about the prayer vigil we had Friday night. We did a lot of things differently from other vigils and have heard a lot of positive feedback about it. Part of it was a lot like the concerts of prayer we used to do when I was in college and I really enjoyed it. We had a lot of different dynamic activities throughout the night, including this Wall of Thanksgiving. People wrote something they were thankful for on a piece of colored paper that was already stuck to the wall and once or twice over the course of the night, Ana Luisa (Rudy's wife, who is also in charge of planning our prayer vigils) read several of them aloud. It was a great, creative way to express our gratitude and praise to God. I spent most of my evening at a table helping people write down their prayer requests, tying ribbons around their wrists (so they'd know what station to pray at later), and writing their name on a piece of paper to have a "secret prayer buddy" (like a secret santa but instead of giving gifts you pray for them). I thought that was really neat too. God moved in us and spoke to us and the time absolutely flew by. There truly is no better place to be than God's presence!
I'll miss it here while I'm gone, but I'm really looking forward to seeing many of you soon and sharing more with you about all that God has been doing in, through, and around me!
With gratitude,
Carrie

No comments: