Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tico Tuesday, April 10th

It's Tuesday again!
And, I am excited! I live in a two bedroom apartment, and ever since I was given a desk in the office at work, my second bedroom has been a largely useless space. My drying rack is there, and I store stuff in there, but I've been wanting to give this room a more noble use. I just haven't known what to do with it though. Recently, I started thinking about making it a guest bedroom. We receive special guests at church fairly often, and I could help people/church save on paying the hotel. And, I like hosting people.
Well, it so happens I went to a friend's house a week ago Saturday, and noticed a mattress she had leaning against the wall. I mentioned I was thinking of turning my extra bedroom into a guest room and she offered to give me the mattress: a queen with a thick, soft pillowtop in excellent shape! Talk about divine confirmation! I'm talking with someone who can clean it, last night I bought bedding for it, and the other day I found someone who recycles wooden pallets to make beds. So, I'm going to have a Spare Oom, though not in the land of War Drobe. (If you don't get it, please read The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe as soon as possible. It will make your life better, I promise!) I already know who my first guests will be (unless somebody else beats them), and there might be another couple coming soon too! Maybe you can be next!
Thank you so much for your faithful support and for keeping me in your prayers. Two brief, but important requests right now are 1. For a friend and her family, as her dad is dying of cancer and will soon be gone. 2. For my small group team meeting this coming Saturday and just for me and small groups in general. There is so much to do!
Thanks so much!
Carrie

No comments: