Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tico Tuesday, April 24th

It's Tuesday once more! For those of you who didn't receive last week's Tico Tuesday, I apologize. I had some technological difficulties. You can always head to my blog to catch up!
This week, I'm happy to share with you about the experience I had on Sunday. We have a church plant at our drug rehab center, and I was invited to give the message. It was a great honor and a great responsibility. I received some nice positive feedback and wow, what a blessing and privilege it is to be used by God! I had been a little nervous going into it, but I know a lot of people were praying for me, and a couple friends were able to come along and give me some moral support. One of my friends drove, which was nice, since it is a curvy mountain highway with frequent fog/rain. And thankfully, the heat was not as oppressive as it could have been.
Afterwards, the director of the center invited us to stay for lunch, and it was such a treat to share with her, a couple of the guys that are currently in the program there, as well as a couple alumni who were visiting. Praise the Lord for what he's doing through this ministry! He is transforming lives, and the center is now expanding to include a program for women. There are a lot of needs, but God is continuing to sustain his work there. It was a joy and encouragement to see this.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I am trying to do a lot this week as next week I'll be at the UWM regional conference and the two weeks afterward will be full of teaching at our Bible Institute and final preparations for our first Small Group Facilitator Retreat of the year (May 19th). Thank you!
May God fill you with joy and provide you with the encouragement you need this week!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: