Tuesday, April 17, 2018

TIco Tuesday, April 17th

Happy Tuesday to you once more!
Last week was Juan Santamaría day (a national holiday, April 11th), so I went on a hike with a couple girlfriends to this beautiful waterfall! Unfortunately, it was raining while we were there, so it could have been a bit more pleasant, but still, the waterfall is a mesmerizing one! And, it's quite close! The hike is 9 miles round trip, but we set out just a few kilometers up the mountain from church. It's started raining some already (it's been a very short dry season this year), so the trail was quite muddy and that made for slower going, but it was lovely to be in fresh mountain air and enjoy being surrounded by God's beautiful creation. There were lots of people out: I ran into my landlord on the trail! I would have preferred there not be so many people around, especially right at the waterfall, but, having so many people around made us feel safe, so that was good.
It was nice to have a fun outdoors part of the day as later I had to go to San José for the wake of the dad of a lady on my team (who has also become a good friend). It was an exhausting day physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thankfully, I feel like I've been able to recover from it. And I definitely look forward to going back to this waterfall in the future!
A few brief prayer requests: for my friend and her family as they grieve this loss, for the UWM Central America and Caribbean conference May 2-6, and for the small group facilitators retreat May 19th. And this Sunday I preach at the church plant at our drug rehab center!
Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I am so grateful for you all!
Love,
Carrie

No comments: