Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two God Stories

God story #1
I went to orientation with the Latin America Mission in late June. It was 10 days of a lot of stuff-lessons, songs, pictures, swimming and a sweet trip to the Everglades. Before orientation ended I was told that I was unofficially accepted as a missionary of the Latin America Mission (LAM). I was pumped to get my official acceptance and start the whole support raising process. I'm still pumped about the process, but I will openly admit I get a little nervous about it too. But I know this is an opportunity for God to really show Himself to me. I know that He wants me in Costa Rica. When He wants me there, He'll get me there. I know He will be faithful and provide for my every need.
So, orientation ended and I was the only LAM candidate that hadn't left yet. The LAM shares their building with a couple other ministries and I happened to be downstairs near one of them. I met a girl in the hallway who was super nice. She asked me if I was going to go on one of those missions trips and I told her yes. She said, "I want to support you monthly and pray for you! Send me a prayer letter!" I thought to myself, "Oh my goodness, my God is amazing! I haven't even left the office of the LAM or received my official acceptance and I already have someone who I barely know wanting to support me regularly!" I know The Lord is in control of this whole process. What a lesson in trust and faith!

God Story #2
So I'm working here in Grand Teton National Park. I have a little dorm room that has wifi. I appreciate it, though it is slow. However, most of the time I opt not to be in my room. Why would I when there is wifi in a big open lobby with monstrous picture windows of the Tetons? It almost seems wrong to have my face stuck in my computer when I could be absorbing the beauty of the mountains, but the computing must be done (and I mountain gaze regularly during my lunch break).
Anyway, one evening I was in the lobby on my computer, writing a Carrie Chronicle (if you don't know what that is or if you would like to receive it, please give me your e-mail). A couple came and sat near me. We got to talking and it turns out, they are Christians too! They took interest in my love for Costa Rica and what I will be doing there and they said-"We'd love to pray for you and support you!" I thought "Wow, God! What a divine appointment!" So, before I got my official acceptance (which was also my permission to start raising support) I had 2 separate incidences of people I just met wanting to support me! God is so good! I am looking forward to sharing even more stories about the people I meet and God's incredible provision!

Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God my Father.....

No comments: