Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome to Carrie's Blog!

Hi!
Welcome to my blog! This is new to me, so thanks for your grace in this. I plan to update this every few days-letting you know what's up in my life. I am currently an appointee with the Latin America Mission and am working on this whole support raising process. I am going to have a lot of stuff on here. I hope to have some good stories, creative ideas for supporting me, and of course, some pictures!
It is late at night and no one is going to know that this post exists until I send out an e-mail with the link, so I will wrap this up. I'll just tell you I spent the day with my friend from Honduras (Luciano) and my wonderful parents in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and I just had the last 3 days off work. Life is good! But, tomorrow is back to work here in my current home sweet home-Grand Teton National Park.
And-why is this called "La gringa mas latina" and what on earth does that mean? God has given me a huge part for Latin America and its people and the church there. (Hence I am going to be a missionary in Costa Rica!!) I love speaking Spanish and being immersed in the culture. Several people have told me that I am the most "latina" (Latin American-ish) white girl from the US they have ever met, which in Spanish is "la gringa mas latina." So, there you have my blog title.

A quick other note-While I blog, I will talk about people-they tend to play a big role in my life. :-) I promise on my blog I will not say anything about you that will make you lose your job (or make me lose mine). If you are in a sensitive country and have already read this I'm sorry. I hope you don't come to any trouble. If you prefer to not exist in this public life of mine, please let me know. I'd rather you were a part of things but if you have a stalker, I sure don't want to make your life more miserable. But don't be scared. I won't share your life story (unless you tell me to). I just might mention you like I did Luciano. That's all. So, be at peace.

Ok, I'm going to bed now. Really. More to come! Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave me a comment or e-mail me at smithcj1@latinamericamission.org

May the grace and peace of the Lord be with you!

1 comment:

Rachel McClelland said...

Hey Carrie!!! Yeah- this blog sounds perfect for you. Glad to hear that you are safe in Costa Rica. May Hedo "immeasurable more than you can imagine!! Love you girl......and don't forget to check for ticks!! :)