Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Job Dance

So, I'm looking for a job. I have been here in PA now for a few weeks and have had very little luck. A lot of people have my name as a Spanish tutor, and a couple places actually have my resume. Well, one of the places called me and it looks like we may be setting up an interview in the near future. However, it is in Pittsburgh. The good things about it are that 1) I will be doing almost exactly the same stuff I did at work in the Tetons, which I like and feel comfortable doing and 2) it will pay me better. If I am offered the job and take it, the not so good things are I will 1) have to get a car and 2) have to commute an hour+ to work every day. That isn't very appealing to me, especially with the oncoming winter. Plus I wouldn't get near as much time off as I'd like around Thanksgiving or Christmas. But I guess that's how the world is. I can't have the schedule of a college student forever. And having a car would make life somewhat easier, especially with winter coming.
But the real challenge will come, (though perhaps it may be a saving grace) if and when any of the other places I've shown interest calls me. Then I have to go through this cutesy dance of "I'm still considering some other positions" and "I'm still waiting to hear back from someone" and fearing all of a sudden everyone will drop me like Pippi Longstocking drops dirty dishes. I know that's not all completely rational, but I've had to do this before and I'm not a fan. It's nice to have choices, but sometimes I can be sickeningly indecisive.
I know God has a purpose for me in this time though. So may He continue to guide me and provide for me as I dance for Him.

No comments: