Monday, November 3, 2008

I Still Have No Job & A Blast From the Past

No Job
Yes, I still have no job. I am thinking I'm going to have to go back to the original plan of working in the cafeteria at Grove City College. I decided to not even bother interviewing for the position in Pittsburgh I mentioned in my last entry. I realized that there's just no way I can be gone for 11 hours a day and still expect to raise support to go to Costa Rica and survive. So, we'll see. But I'm guessing that may be what happens. There aren't many opportunities around here. That's for sure. All the Outlets may have all their seasonal help, but I may go investigate and pray that isn't the case. I have no retail experience, but if we're both desperate, I figure neither of us really cares.

Blast From the Past
On to the more fun part of things. When I was little there was this a capella special that we taped from PBS. It had Rockapella, Ladysmith Black Mambazo (which I called "The Pajama People" up until just recently), Take 6 and several other phenomenal a capella groups. I frequently requested to watch that video for the next several years.
When I was in high school I actually got to be in our a capella group for my last 3 years. It was SO great! We were quite good too. Now my Daddy is in an a capella group and I'm jealous of him (he was jealous of my music group in high school). My memory of the a capella video faded over the last few years and I didn't get to watch it since it is so old and worn. I thought it was lost forever. BUT the other day Daddy sent me the link to the first song of the program -and the WHOLE thing is on YouTube!!! Check out the Spike Lee & Co Do It A Capella program! It is such amazing music! And the early 90s garb that everyone (except Ladysmith Black Mambazo) wears is pretty sweet. :-) I have the best Daddy in the world!!!

No comments: