Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!

Yesterday was absolutely A-MAZ-ING for several reasons!

1) I got an e-mail from a dear friend telling me he and his wife are willing to GIVE me their extra car! I have to go and get it (in Massachusetts), but I found a sweet CHEAP ticket on Southwest, so my total expenses in getting their will be $80. Praise the Lord!! AND the weekend I am going to get it (not this, but the following) is the weekend my friend is getting ordained! I am overjoyed that I will be able to attend and share such a special time with him and his family!
2) My wonderful suitemate from last year came to see me yesterday. She was in town for the day so we had a couple hours together to catch up and just enjoy being together again. We had a great time. She's just one of those people I've spent enough time with that we can go a while without seeing each other and pick right back up where we left off. What a blessing!
3) I got an e-mail from my Costa Rican friend Ana Luisa. She had her interview in the embassy and a tourist visa was granted to her!! YAAAAY!! Getting a visa, even a tourist one to the US is NOT easy right now. So, praise God she can come! I am hoping I'll get to see her and dreaming and praying my support will be in so I can go back to Costa Rica with her. (She is coming in January for a couple weeks). I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
4) I chatted with Rolando, my Pastor at my church in Costa Rica yesterday on Skype. I hadn't heard from him in a while, so it was great to get caught up on some stuff. He sent me a picture of what the church building looks like and a big, looooong document about the church, so I am looking forward to reading that and am thrilled that I can use the picture of the building in my presentation!
5) I also had the chance to chat with my dear friend Josue!! He is from Honduras, but his family has been living in Costa Rica for the last few years because of his Dad's work. I'll write more about the Viera family some day. They are some of the most amazing people I have ever met!!! Anyway, Josue and I had a spectacular conversation. We hadn't chatted in a long time, so it was great to catch up.
6) I made dinner for some friends of mine. I forgot to thaw the meat earlier in the day, but it all turned out just fine and was extremely yummy. All those years of helping Mommy in the kitchen are definitely paying off!! And we just had a lot of fun together. I was glad to give them a chance to get off campus.
7) I had a blast at IV and afterwards a friend said he would let me borrow his car! So, tomorrow I am going to go see Kiki (my adopted Cuban mom) and Janet (I guess she's my adopted Puerto Rican Mom)!! They both work for the Latin America Mission and are at a missions conference at Messiah College. So, I am going to drive to see them and hang out!!! That will be SO fun!!!
8) My prayer card went to the printing press and I should have them in about 10 business days!!

Needless to say, it was a VERY eventful, exciting day and I had a hard time winding down to go to bed. But, it gave me some stuff to think about. I know a lot of good things happen, and they're not always this big, but whether lots of good things are happening or not, I should maintain that same worshipful attitude towards God. It's easy to praise Him when he's poured blessings on me like Niagara Falls. But, even when I'm standing under a trickle, I want to (and need to) praise God. Things with Him aren't circumstantial. He is the SAME, Yesterday, Today, and Forever. So no matter what, He is still worthy and I want to praise Him just as if the blessings are coming like Niagara Falls.
The other thing I realized is that most, if not each thing I just listed up there came as an answer to prayer. I've been learning a lot about prayer and expectation (ie faith) and when I pray for things and believe they will come-they do!! That just encourages me all the more in regards to my support. If I look at is as something I have to do, it's impossible! But if I look at it as something God can do, I can know with every assurance that He can and WILL do it! With Him ALL things are possible! That doesn't mean I can just sit back and do nothing, but oh what a joy and peace it brings to know I can trust Him to provide and care for me!!

No comments: