Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tico Tuesday, April 28th

I thought you might want to know who this Rolando guy I talk about is. He is the senior pastor of my church here and the man who invited me to come back to serve here in Costa Rica. This picture is of him and his wife Yoli. (Sorry they're not looking at the camera.) They're so dressed down because we took a day to get away from the office on Thursday. The church office staff never had its Christmas party, so we went to a park/country club sort of place (which is in the mountains, so it is cooler-hence everyone froze while I was finally comfortable), had a couple brief meetings and played the rest of the day. It was really good to have time to socialize and be with everyone I work in another context other than something at church. To find out the ulterior motive for getting us out of the office (and what we came back to on Friday!), you'll have to go to my blog.
CONGRATULATIONS on making it to my blog!! I thought a little bait might help. Well, here you go. The remodeling at church continues and I don't know what they did on Thursday, but take a look at what we got.
POLVO! Dust and powder are the same word in Spanish and the perfect description of this atrociousness that pervaded the ENTIRE building!!!! I have never been more grateful to God for vacuum cleaners!!!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

What's worse? Polvo or pollen? Are you missing spring in the States??? :)