Monday, October 25, 2010

Loving Life!!!

I remember when I used to go hiking in Grand Teton Nat'l Park on my days off. I remember loving being in the middle of a canyon, swallowed into majestic beauty and feeling the power of God's presence. I'd set off at a fast-paced frolic for a little ways (not too far because I wanted to soak it all in) and just yell in the middle of the canyon "I LOVE THIS!!!!!" Granted, part of the yelling was because 1. I am just loud 2. One always had to be making lots of noise in order to not surprise a grizzly bear and avoid a life-threatening encounter with one 3.It was true and the joy and absolute pleasure in life and God's creation was incontainable!!!! Well, I had a sort of similar moment last Thursday at work. I don't even remember what exactly was going on at the moment, what we were talking about or anything, but I had an "I LOVE MY JOB!!" moment! I said it three times and at lower volume since I was inside. No frolicking either, but we did have a pretty sweet dance party in the car (in a traffic jam) on the way home Thursday evening. I am so motivated at worknow because I know what I'm doing is really important and contributing to God's Kingdom. I often struggled to justify how I spent my time "working" at CCI. A lot of time was just spent e-mailing close friends and family members. And in many ways it was "doing missions." But, really I was not making the most of my time or gifts. but that's over now. Hence the lower frequency in blog posts and brevity! jaja I bet you're grateful for that!
More to come! I've been learning a lot and will share once it's more well-processed!

No comments: