Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tico Tuesday, May 17th

Happy Tuesday to you all!! I had the opportunity to spend the last few days with my brother and his family. I had a wonderful time drawing, playing Chutes and Ladders, reading and bowling with my sobrinos (nephews and niece-we don’t have a word in English that includes both genders). It was really good to be with them and get some quality time with my brother and sister-in-law as well. We had some wonderful conversations. God really worked out the timing of my trip. On the one hand, it was a little sad because everyone (but me) got sick and was low on energy. But on the other hand, it was great because I was able to help take care of the children when Sarah wasn’t doing so well and Daniel needed to be doing other things. So I’m very glad I was there and able to be of service in a time of need. I’m also glad I got to see my great aunt and uncle and the Carrie for whom I was named. More on the blog (including pictures of the rest of my sobrinos)!

Love,

Carrie

I LOVE CHICAGO!! Ok, not so much the corruption part and witnessing a guy steal the map off the L (metro train). But I LOVED Buckingham Fountain and just walking around a big beautiful city.

San Jose is definitely not a beautiful city. It is small and it is quite dirty. Don’t wonder why you hear more about the jungles and beaches. Anyway, I met up with Carrie in Chicago and we had a great chat and I really enjoyed soaking in big beautiful cityness. She is such an amazing woman!

Getting to hang out with Aunt Melanie and Uncle Alfred for an evening was great too. The original plan was for them to come over for dinner, but due to the stomach bug, we decided to not put them at risk. So they took me out for

Thai food and then to the Chocolate Factory. YUM!!! I was glad to see them for a whole evening: last time I saw them they could only stay for about 5 minutes since they had another engagement.

I love getting to be with Daniel and his family. I feel like every visit is better than the last. The kids get older and we can have richer interactions and I just get to bond with everyone. I really enjoyed getting to have time just with Dan and Sarah during naptime and after kid bedtime and before adult bedtime. We had some great conversations and an amazing game of Catan. I loved drawing with Ezra and Agnes, reading to and playing with Isaiah and holding and feeding Nathan. I love my family!