Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tico Tuesday, January 17th

Traveling Mercies
A few wonderful things and answers of prayer have come to me lately, and the ones I'm going to share have to do with travels.
I went to my dear Isla Venado again this past weekend. I went by bus, since it isn't worth it to take my car when I go by myself. But, another family had been visiting Pastor Eladio and doña Epi and they had a car. They gave me a ride all the way from the boat dock to the bus terminal in Puntarenas! When I got there, the terminal was overflowing. After buying my ticket I had to go back outside and join the end of the line that wound around almost half the building. I was wanting to get home as soon as possible because I had to get up early for work, but I figured with the line so long, it would probably be a while. Well, I hadn't even been in line for 2 minutes and someone from the bus company came out another door right by where I was standing and announced 4 open seats on the bus that was about to head out. I couldn't believe it! If that isn't God's goodness to me, I don't know what is. I quickly stepped forward and the bus pulled away less than 5 minutes later. Once getting closer to home I had to switch buses. As the evening wears on, buses tend to pass less frequently, but God answered my prayer and the bus I needed was there waiting as soon as I stepped off the first bus! I made it home in record time!
God again showed His incredible grace to me this morning, when He woke me up with time to catch the bus, even though I forgot to set my alarm. (Tuesdays are the only day of the week I have to take the bus to work.) Then on the way home, I was getting out my money to pay my bus fare and I was 5 colones (1 penny) short of having the right change. I asked God to let me find a 5 on the ground and about 10 meters before my stop, there it was! I'm so spoiled!! This is a good reminder to me, to have faith and ask, whether it's just for a penny on the ground or $2 million for a new child care center. God is faithful, loving and oh so good!!
Blessings on you the rest of this week!
Carrie

PS The picture is of my yummy supper on Isla Venado Saturday night. No nutcrackers there! They gave me a rock and a cutting board but everyone else just used their teeth. Wow!


No comments: