Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tico Tuesday, January 24th


Friday was a big day for the Roblealto Child Care Association: we inaugurated a new house for 8 adolescent boys! People were dreaming and planning for this to happen over a decade ago, but everything came together for the house to open on Friday. We had a lovely little ceremony and got to tour the very freshly decorated house. One of my favorite parts is the little ledge they have in the dining room with a whole bunch of framed pictures of the boys and the foster family that is taking care of them. My favorite part of the ceremony was when a couple of the guys talked about what it meant to them to live in the house and what some of their goals are. They were pretty overcome by typical adolescent embarrassment, but my buddy Alex was able to pull it out. "I know I have my problems, but I want to work through them, obey Dad, go to college and move on with life." THAT'S MY BOY!! I'm so proud of him! (he's one of my many favorites) The Bible Home staff have some wonderful, special stuff planned for all these boys so they can grow into great, exemplary men who reach their dreams and break out of their family's cycles of dysfunction and poverty. I'm so excited about it! Please pray for these 8 boys and the foster family that is working with them. Thanks!
I challenge us all to be an encouragement to an adolescent this week! Write to me or post on my fb wall what you did!
Love,
Carrie



No comments: