Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tico Tuesday, October 16th

Tuesday Greetings from Costa Rica! Before I proceed:
PLEASE RESPOND to this e-mail. I need to update my contact list (include mailing addresses!) immediately. So, especially if you have changed your mailing address at any point in the past 4 years and/or gotten married or prefer that I use a different e-mail address, PLEASE send me your new contact info right away! Thank You!!!
And now back to your regular Tico Tuesday.
Two Bible Bees? Yup. A week ago I wrote to your about our local Bible Bee at the Bible Home. This past Friday, we had the Roblealto-wide Bible Bee, with representatives from all 3 child care centers and the Bible Home. It was delightful to see some of the children and personnel from other centers I hadn't gotten to see in a long time. The Roblealto Child Care Association is full of sweet amazing people! But I must confess, my heart swelled with pride and love when the kids from the Bible Home arrived. Of course I knew they were coming, but I was so glad to see them... I don't feel like I really have words to express it. It must feel something like having your child chosen to play on a Little League All-Star team. Have I ever told you how crazy I am about these kids?
Anyway, thanks be to God, the activity went well. It was very different from the previous week's Bee at the Bible Home. Lily and I were in charge of a game in which the children had to act out Bible stories. Except the first 2 times, it didn't go so well. There was chaos, and not enough time... or too much time. Plus, the kids didn't really get the whole acting part and it was too noisy to hear much of anything. So, we ended up making it a type of guessing game. (Who knew the story of Esther could be boiled down to "Pray! Pray! We're going to die!") Too bad there were only 4 teams. We were just starting to really get it down as the last team came around! At least now we know for the future!
Please remember to make sure I have your updated contact info!
Thanks, and have a joyous rest of the week!
Carrie

No comments: