Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tico Tuesday, October 23rd

Happy Tuesday from San José de la Montaña!
This past Friday was a special evening, the Annual Prayer Vigil at the Bible Home. Every year we celebrate God's faithfulness, give Him thanks, and present our requests to him. We usually do it in or near our most recently built or renovated space. That means we had the vigil in the Arco Iris house!!! It is so awesome. The original Arco Iris house was razed before I came to Roblealto in 2010, but I got to see almost the whole construction process and work with volunteers whose sweat and love helped build the new house. There are now 11 boys and a house family (parents pictured here) living in this beautiful miraculous gift from God. It fills me with joy to see this house and know it is allowing us to serve more children and have their lives transformed by God at the Bible Home.
Just as God provided the resources to build the new Arco Iris house (please read the story below!!), I know he will provide me with the resources I need to continue serving him here. You can join me! Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who sent me your mailing address. The LAM is helping me with a special mailing for you!
May we all continue to celebrate God's thankfulness, praise him, and present our requests to him!
Carrie

The Story of God Providing for the Arco Iris House
This is such a good story, I have to tell it again! It was late March. Volunteers had been coming to the Bible Home and working tremendously hard putting up wallboard, spackling, installing ceiling tiles, putting in molding, etc. But they were gone, and so was the money. We were hoping to open the new house in about 3 months. We needed $XX,000 in order to finish construction. Roblealto's executive director was about to call the contractor and tell him to halt construction, but my supervisor Pam asked for one week to knock on some doors and see what God would do. Pam and I worked together, writing facebook statuses and letters, and the response BLEW US AWAY!!! Someone wrote saying they would give the exact Very Large Sum of $XX,000 that we needed! We cried with joy and raised our hands and voices in praise to God. But it didn't stop there!! Another e-mail came in... offering over half the sum we needed, another one saying we'll give $10,000, and another with another significant donation. Within about 48 hours, we had almost DOUBLE the original amount we needed!!! NOTHING is difficult for God! I had never seen Him move in such a way before in my life, and it was one of the most joyous, exciting experiences I've ever had.
Right now, I have a pretty significant financial need. I'm praying and knocking on doors, waiting to see what God will do. I know that if God can provide so easily for the Arco Iris house, he can surely do the same for me. Maybe it will be through you?

No comments: