Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tico Tuesday, October 9th


Whew! This past Friday was a big day! I spent the last 6 weeks or so preparing, organizing, and coordinating everything for the Annual Bible Bee. 
I was very happy to do so, and praise God I can report that the activity was a great success! Though it was all over in one brief morning, every minute of preparation and planning was worth it (and much needed)! I learned a lot, and now that I've done it once, future years should be much easier. The kids enjoyed the games, answered lots of questions, and practiced good team membership (well, some more than others...). One leader told me a girl told her that the activity was really fun! Thank God! The team leaders and school teachers brought everything together and did a great job decorating, motivating the kids and just making it a special day.
I think my favorite game was the one pictured: the kids had to jump into a kiddie pool filled with shredded paper and dig out a little wooden block. I couldn't believe how well those little blocks hid themselves! (Look carefully for the little bit of paper in the hair of the boy in the periwinkle shirt at the table. I love it!)
Note to self: next time buy enough chocolates ahead of time for both winning teams (one from K-3 and one from 4-6). I had to send out our administrator to buy more in a race against the clock. Thankfully he made it back in time for us to award the kids without a moment's delay, and no one to suspect what happened. Jijiji ;-)
Thank you for your prayers and support. Through God's grace, it's because of you that I'm here with the LAM and that the Bible Bee was able to happen. My co-worker Lily is currently in evaluation meetings 3 days a week and unable to do much more than get ready for the next day of meetings and stay on top of her other normal responsibilities. God worked it out perfectly for me to be here and work alongside her!
Praise God and Thank YOU!
Rejoicing in Him,
Carrie

No comments: