Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tico Tuesday, November 13th

It's Tuesday again! I wish I could tell you a thousand things that have happened over the past week! There were some really sweet moments: hearing a house mom share from her heart about serving at the Bible Home and marvel at the miracles God performs in children's lives there, little E gaining confidence in me and keeping his arms wrapped tightly around me, getting asked to chaperone a slumber party for 9 pre-teen girls, M (one of the really hard cases I mentioned recently) behaving wonderfully at the slumber party, watching the smile grow across Y's face as I used her as an example of God's love-driven creation, having a good conversation with fellow AWANA leaders, praying for M.A. on her birthday, and the list goes on.
I'll just comment briefly on the slumber party: I'm not sure I've ever felt a heavier sense of responsibility before in my life! One of the girls said I should change since I'm a bore, but somebody had to be responsible! I still had a lot of fun though, and the girls did too. In the morning they totally spoiled me and wouldn't even let me in the kitchen to make breakfast! One of them even gave me a backrub while breakfast was cooking. Now that's the life!
I thank God so much for granting me more opportunities to share with the children. One thing I've learned at the Bible Home is that we can and should seize every moment we can to teach the children, encourage them to practice virtues, tell them how special they are and how much God loves them, etc.
I've received word that some of you have already received the mailing I told you about. If you haven't gotten it yet, please keep your eyes peeled! I encourage you to stop and take a minute to prayerfully consider partnering with me in my service to God at Roblealto through the LAM. I currently need several more people to join my team of partners who give on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. It is through your giving that I am here and able to tell these children that God knows them and loves them no matter what! Thank you so much for participating in this work of God's kingdom!
May God fill your week with some really sweet moments too!
Peace and joy be with you,
Carrie

No comments: