Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tico Tuesday, November 20th

Happy Tuesday to you! And Happy Almost Thanksgiving! I am indeed grateful for each of you. You are each a great blessing to me. I can not tell you what a joy and blessing it is to serve God here at Roblealto. Recently, I've been granted the opportunity to do 1 on 1 pastoral care with a few of the children at the Bible Home. It is a great responsibility I am honored to assume. I wish I could do it with all of them! It breaks my heart to see their longings for love and special attention.
The other week one of my new favorites had her birthday. I swung by her house on my way home and read Psalm 139 with her and prayed for her. I was in her house again yesterday and she asked me when I was coming again to read her the Psalm again. I told her I'd just done it for her birthday and she said she wanted it to be her birthday again so I'd come again. I don't think I'll wait till next year! This opportunity is too good to pass up! This young lady and her family are dealing with some incredibly difficult conditions and situations. Please pray for M and her mother and siblings. And please pray for me as I seek to show Jesus to young people like M. Oh how I need your prayers! I'm also still in need of your support. It is only with your help that I will be able to keep reading Psalms to M and having 1 on 1 meetings with other children. I'm looking for about 12 more people to partner with my service through the LAM at $50/month. I encourage you to pray about this too. (Or maybe you can commit to $25 and recruit a friend to commit to giving another $25?)
I thank God for the work he is doing in the lives of the children at the Bible Home and I thank him for his faithfulness. I know that he will continue to provide for my every need. Thank you so much to those of you who already support me on a regular basis!
God is good!
This week, along with praying for all the things I mentioned about, I challenge you to share a Psalm (or even just a verse from one) with someone. I'll be reading Psalm 100 with 11 children and their house mom on Thursday!
With love and gratitude,
Carrie

No comments: