Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tico Tuesday, November 6th

I made a mistake yesterday. I forgot to bring my camera to the personnel meeting with me! A camera in a personnel meeting, you say? Does anything photo-worthy every happen in one of those? At the Bible Home, the answer is definitely Yes! For one part, we broke into 6 teams and had to present a skit of some kind of manufacturing machine.
 There was a t-shirt machine, a guitar machine, a puppet machine, etc. It was hilarious to watch one of the very professional teachers from our school on her hands and knees acting as a sheep and pretending to eat a pulled up chunk of turf! She was promptly shorn so her wool could be used to make a cotton t-shirt. Hmm, I guess that was a pretty miraculous machine, wasn't it? The noises and motions of some other more mechanical machines split our sides, and I think the favorite was our administrator (who is a delightful goof) yelling "SI! SI! SI! SI! SI!" You see, he was part of the guitar machine, which spoke the notes a guitar would play. In Costa Rica, we don't use A, B, C, etc. to name notes, instead we use Do, Re, Mi, etc. with Si in the place of Ti. And as you probably know Sí means Yes in Spanish. So while everyone else just said a syllables, he got to say "Yes! Yes! Yes!" --and he did it with every fiber of enthusiasm in his body! That is what I would have loved to capture for you. But instead, I'm sending you the product of my team's machine: a smile!
What a joy it is to serve God alongside these creative, wonderful people! Thank you for playing the role you have in allowing me to be here; whether that be through your prayers, giving, care packages, or words of encouragement! If you'd like to do any or all of the above, please visit my secure donation page, note my mailing address at the bottom of my e-mail signature, and drop me a line to let me know what you're up to!
Enjoy your work this week!
Carrie

No comments: