Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tico Tuesday, April 16th

Hello everyone! Yes, it's Wednesday, but I was so tired when I got home from camp yesterday I was in bed with the lights out at 8:45pm. Were I not such a social being, it would have been earlier. After sleeping about 10 hours and going for a nice run, I'm feeling much better, but am still looking forward to more time with my head on my pillow again soon.
Camp was wonderful! I am so grateful for the experience I've been gaining and the new things I learn every year. This year I had the best behaved cabin I've had yet. We were all really tired by Monday though, and unfortunately it was very noticeable in actions, attitudes and words. We survived though, and a couple of my campers fell into quite a deep sleep on the way home yesterday.
We had a World Cup theme this year, so each cabin was a country. We were Germany, so we had lots of black, red, and yellow things (and a German flag I was able to get for $4 while I was in the States). One day during cabin time we all sat around and enjoyed pretzels (since they are common in Germany) and green mangos with salt (since the camp we were at has lots of mango trees and it is almost mango season and ticos have an obsession for eating unripe fruits with salt). This was one of my favorite moments from camp. We were sitting around together, happily eating and sharing. I seized the moment to have us review what we'd been learning so far and help the girls make some connections between a couple different stories they heard. We had a great time and greatly enjoyed the theme songs, the pool, the mud pit, games of human foosball, the talent show, and more.
Now it's time to get back into study mode! Just a couple more weeks until my semester ends! Thank you for your continued prayers for the kids at the Bible Home and the other kids who joined us for camp and for me and my studies, etc. God is faithful and good and I want him to be glorified more in me.
Blessings on you as we enter this Holy Season and soon celebrate the resurrection of our Lord!
Carrie

No comments: